Special Blend Getaway Rules and Regulations
Enter The Special Blend Getaway Contest
Contest Rules and Regulations
June 26, 2017
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, who are of legal drinking age in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers, immediate family members and persons living in the same residence, of any of the following: Corby Spirit and Wine Limited (the “Sponsor”), the Saskatchewan Roughriders, provincial liquor boards, including provincial agencies, retailers (the “Liquor Boards”), liquor licensees, prize suppliers, including the respective advertising and promotional agencies, (including the “independent contest organization) , agents, affiliated and associated companies are excluded. Void where prohibited by law. Groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial and non-commercial entities cannot participate.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Enter your name, address, telephone number and the answer to the skill-testing question on the official entry form on www.jpwisers.com/specialblendgetaway. The Contest Starting Date is Saturday, July 8th, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. C.S.T. The Contest Closing Date is Saturday, November 4th, 2017 at midnight C.S.T. All entries must be received on or before the Contest Closing Date. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these contest rules & regulations (“Contest Rules”), which are also available at www.jpwisers.com/specialblendgetaway. Limit one entry per person per day during the promotion period.
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
4. PRIZES & GRAND PRIZE: There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won, consisting of a trip for two (2) to watch any regular season Saskatchewan Roughriders game anywhere in Canada in 2018. The Grand Prize is specifically comprised of:
two (2) round trip economy airfares from any Canadian airport to any other Canadian airport in a city hosting a Saskatchewan Roughrider game in Canada;
one (1) night’s accommodation in a standard room at a three (3) star or better hotel, selected at the Sponsor’s sole discretion;
CAD$250 spending money; and
two (2) game day tickets.
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is CAD$6,000.
The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded, cannot be sold, modified or transferred, and cannot be converted to cash. The Grand Prize winner shall not be entitled to receive, in cash, certificate or otherwise, the balance of any amount representing the difference between a prize retail value and actual cost. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prizing described above at their discretion. The Sponsor does not make any representations or warranty regarding the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize may differ from those shown on any advertising material.
The Grand Prize winner and travel companion must have all necessary travelling documentation and a valid credit card upon check-in at hotel. The Grand Prize winner and travel companion are responsible for all other expenses not specifically described herein, including but not limited to, transportation to and from the departure and arrival airports, other ground transportation, all other meals and beverages, gratuities, taxes, fees, surcharges, entertainment, souvenirs, and local and long distance telephone calls. Travel arrangements will be made through the Saskatchewan Roughriders’ agent and will not be rescheduled or substituted once booked. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor or the Saskatchewan Roughriders for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events or travel after ticketing for any reason whatsoever beyond its control. The Grand Prize winner and travel companion will be required to travel together, on the same itinerary and are responsible for paying all taxes, fees and surcharges associated with travel at the time of booking. The Grand Prize winner’s travel companion must sign and return the Sponsor’s release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating that he/she waives all recourse against the Releasees (defined below) relating to his/her participation in the Grand Prize (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto). Air travel cannot be changed and is non-transferable.
5. WINNER SELECTION: One random draw to select the Grand Prize winner will be made by an independent contest organization from all eligible entries received by the date and time indicated on the official entry form on www.jpwisers.com/specialblendgetaway. To be declared a Grand Prize winner, the selected entrant will be required to have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question unassisted on the release form and must comply with these Contest Rules. The first eligible person whose name is drawn and who has correctly answered the skill-testing question, will be declared the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone, email or mail within ten (10) business days. If a selected Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond within ten (10) business days from the date contact is first attempted, he or she will forfeit his or her prize, and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and time-permitting. The odds of being selected the Grand Prize winner will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the promotion period. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred. All decisions of the Sponsor and the independent contest organization are final.
6. APPLICABLE LAW: The contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute relating to this contest must be resolved before the Courts of Province of Ontario sitting in the City of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and the entrant hereby irrevocably submits and attorns to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of those Courts in respect of any such dispute or matter.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the contest, each entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, the Saskatchewan Roughriders, the independent contest organization, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from any and all liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever including without limitation personal injury, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this contest, or participation in any prize related activity and agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from claims by third parties without limitation.
9. RELEASE: Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to sign one or more declaration, indemnity and release forms in a form acceptable to the persons listed below, confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of a prize as awarded and indemnifying and releasing the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, the Saskatchewan Roughriders, the independent contest organization, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees (the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this contest or occurring as a result of the prizes being awarded.
10. GENERAL: All entries become the property of the Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected for any reason whatsoever or for any computer errors or malfunctions. Neither the Sponsor, prize suppliers, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees or their respective agents shall be responsible for any errors, negligence, losses or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise or occur in connection with this contest or a prize. The Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, this contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of this contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any
other causes beyond its control, the Sponsor reserves their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend this contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to terminate any on-line portion of the contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries previously received during the entry period. The Sponsor reserves their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of the Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. The Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with this contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this contest or from downloading any material from the contest web site, where applicable. The Sponsor may modify or withdraw this contest, without liability if any printing/production errors occur, without public notice. For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. LIQUOR BOARDS / AGENCIES / RETAILERS: The Liquor Boards are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever, and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter that relates to this contest.