CORBY SPIRIT AND WINE LIMITED
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
The sponsor of this contest is Corby Spirit and Wine Limited (the “Sponsor”). The Kee to Bala and The Arkells are not sponsors of the Contest and are in no way responsible for the administration of the Contest, the verification of winners, or the fulfillment of prizing. All inquiries regarding the promotion must be directed to the Sponsor.
1. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of the province of Ontario. A person must be of legal drinking age in Ontario at the time of entry, and must not be an employee of, or member of the immediate family of an employee, or domiciled with an employee of: the Sponsor, provincial liquor boards, provincial liquor agencies, retailers and their employees (the “Liquor Boards”), liquor licensees, the promotion agency (the “independent contest organization”), prize suppliers, or their respective agents or associated companies. Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
The Contest Starting Date is July 19th, 2019, 12:00am EST. The Contest Closing Date is July 26th, 2019, 11:59pm EST. All entries must be received on or before the Contest Closing Date or applicable entry period. By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these contest rules & regulations (“Contest Rules”), which are also available at JPWisers.com/TheArkells. To enter the contest, each entrant must use the following methods of entry (each, a “Method of Entry”):
- During the contest period, with the purchase of any J.P. Wiser’s product at the LCBO in Bala, ON (3132 Hwy 169, Bala, ON P0C 1A0) or Port Carling, ON (115 Medora St, Port Carling, ON P0B 1J0), you will receive a ballot for entry for that store location to be completed with your name and telephone number. There is no limit on the number of eligible, purchase-based entries per person during the contest period.
- Compose an original, maximum 250-word typed (not handwritten) essay about “Why you would like to see the Arkells at The Kee to Bala” and submit it to:
Info.JPWisers@pernod-ricard.com. You must also include your name, daytime telephone, and email address with your essay. Limit of one (1) no purchase email entry per person during the contest period. You will obtain an entry into the draws for both stores (Bala, ON and Port Carling, ON) using this Method of Entry.
All entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, irregular, or forged. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsors (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsors) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) No Purchase Entry during the Contest Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest, then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
3. PRIZE: There are two (2) prizes to be won, each consisting of two (2) tickets for each winner and one (1) guest of legal drinking age in Ontario to The Arkells at The Kee to Bala on August 1st, 2019, having an approximate retail value of approximately $140 CAD in total.
The prizes must be accepted as awarded, cannot be sold, modified or transferred, and cannot be converted to cash. The winners shall not be entitled to receive, in cash, certificate or otherwise, the balance of any amount representing the difference between a prize retail value and actual cost. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prizing described above at their discretion. The Sponsor does not make any representations or warranty regarding the prizes. The prizes may differ from those shown on any advertising material. The prize winners and their guests are responsible for all other expenses not specifically described herein. Each prize winner’s guest must sign and return the Sponsor’s release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating that he/she waives all recourse against the Releasees (defined below) relating to his/her participation in the prize (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto).
4. WINNER SELECTION: A random draw will be made from all eligible entries received by the Closing Contest Date, on or about July 27, 2019. Two (2) winners will be declared, one (1) from each store (Bala, ON and Port Carling, ON).To be declared a winner, selected entrants will be required to have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question unassisted on either the entry materials or the release form and must comply with these Contest Rules. The first eligible person whose name is drawn and who has correctly answered the skill-testing question from each store, will be declared the winner. The winners will be notified by telephone, email or mail within three (3) business days. If a selected winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond within two (2) business days from the date contact is first attempted, he or she will forfeit his or her prize, and an alternate winner may be selected, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and time-permitting. The odds of being selected will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the promotion period. All prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred. All decisions of the Sponsor and the independent contest organization are final.
5. APPLICABLE LAW: The contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute relating to this contest must be resolved before the Courts of Province of Ontario sitting in the City of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and the entrant hereby irrevocably submits and attorns to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of those Courts in respect of any such dispute or matter.
7. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the contest, each entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, the independent contest organization, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees (the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever including without limitation personal injury, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this contest, or participation in any prize related activity and agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from claims by third parties without limitation.
8. RELEASE: Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to sign one or more declaration, indemnity and release forms in a form acceptable to the persons listed below, confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of a prize as awarded and indemnifying and releasing the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, the independent contest organization, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from any liability in connection with this contest or occurring as a result of the prize(s) being awarded.
9. GENERAL: All entries become the property of the Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected for any reason whatsoever or for any computer errors or malfunctions. Neither the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, prize suppliers, or their respective agents shall be responsible for any errors, negligence, losses or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise or occur in connection with this contest or a prize. The Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, this contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of this contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, the Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend this contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to terminate any on-line portion of the contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries previously received during the entry Period. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of the Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. The Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with this contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this contest or from downloading any material from the contest web site, where applicable. The Sponsor may modify or withdraw this contest, without liability if any printing/production errors occur, without public notice.
10. LIQUOR BOARDS/AGENCIES/RETAILERS: The Liquor Boards are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever, and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter that relates to this contest.