Welcome to the Terms and Conditions which govern your participation in the Promotion as operated by the Sponsor and Administrator identified below. These Terms and Conditions carry the following definitions:
J.P. Wiser – Father’s Day Toast
Administrator and Sponsor
FrontPaige Creative Services, 11686 Sunrise Square Place, Reston, VA 20191
Sponsor: Sazerac Company, Inc.10101 Linn Station Rd., Suite 400 Louisville, KY 40223
Open only to legal U.S. residents of AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI,ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, WA,WI, WV and WV 21+ years of age.
Begins at 12:00 PM ET on 5/1/19
Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 6/30/19
Entrants must write a toast to Dad or someone special to them on the Website.
- Entrants must log on to the Website and follow the instructions and write and submit a Father’s Day toast.
- be at least 21 years of age,
- submit a toast on the Website
- be a legal resident of one of the jurisdictions listed in the Territory;
- if selected as a potential winner, provide basic personal information (Name, Email, Date of Birth, Address) via a web form that is received by the Administrator and is compliant with the relevant Data Protection rules; and
- agree to and comply with the Terms & Conditions of the Promotion
Representatives of J.P. Wiser’s will select best toast from what consumers have submitted and will select contest winners based on the following:
- Toast must be original and to a dad or a father figure
- Toast must be on the official Website
- Toast cannot not have been published previously by any party other than the Entrant
- Toast must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent);
- Toast cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by any third party, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, other than J.P. Wiser (optional)
- Toast cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images);
- Toast cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- Toast cannot promote illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Toast cannot describe or depict any illegal activity or violation of any state or federal law.
- All submissions must demonstrate an acknowledgement, understanding and/or a positive reinforcement of alcohol responsibility
- Toast cannot contain the name/logo of any alcohol beverage retailer, including in the background
Entries will be judged by a panel of three (3) representatives of J.P. Wiser who will select the Grand Prize winners based on the following equally weighted criteria: creativity and adherence to the assignment (showcasing your father). Decisions of the judging panel shall be binding, final and cannot be appealed.
There will be Five (5) Grand Prizes. Each Grand Prize consists of a $500 Gift card. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each Grand Prize: $500.00. Total ARV of all Prizes: $2.500.00.
By July 15th at 11:59:59 PM ET (estimated)
Potential winners will be contacted from the information shared on the Website. May be contacted by phone call, email or both.
Winners will be selected by July 15th, 2019 (estimated)
Prize Redemption Requirements
Name, Email, Date of Birth, Address
Full Terms and Conditions
- Your entry to the Promotion is governed by these Terms and Conditions. By entering into the Promotion, you accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by them, including any modifications.
- These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict of inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
Eligibility (entry criteria)
- This Promotion is only open to residents in the Territory and entry must be submitted from within the Territory.
- To participate in the Promotion, you must:
- be of legal drinking age in your country of residence;
- be of legal age to enter into promotions in your country of residence;
- have access to the Internet;
- fulfil all Entry Requirements before the Closing Date;
- Officers, directors and employees of the Administrator, Sponsor, their parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates; individuals or entities responsible for the development, printing, distribution and implementation of this Promotion; suppliers, distributors and retailers of alcohol-beverage products; and individuals who are employees of or members of the immediate family or household of any of the foregoing are not eligible.
- Only one entry per person per week will be considered for the Promotion. If more than one entry is received from the same person or from a different account by the same person, all such entries will be disqualified and only the first entry will be accepted as an entry into the Promotion.
- No entries from agents, third parties, syndicates, organized groups or entries automatically generated by a computer, program, application, script or any automatic method will be accepted.
- No payment or purchase is necessary to enter or win. A payment or purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
- Entries received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
How to enter
- To enter this Promotion, you must access the Website to fulfil the Entry Requirements before the Closing Date.
- Entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Where the Entry Requirements require you to upload a written toast (“Submission”), your Submission must be your own work. By entering the Promotion, the entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that any Submission is your original work created solely by you and that the Submission does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Submission. You must also have the consent of anyone featured in the Submission to upload it to the Promotion. All Submissions must comply with our User Content Policy (see Appendix where all key aspects are re-iterated). We reserve the right to reject any entry which does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or our User Content Policy.
- Your Submission must not, inter alia, be offensive, discriminatory towards any gender, race or religion, or be obscene in any way and must not promote excessive or underage consumption of alcohol or the consumption of alcohol when pregnant. Any Comment(s) likely to be considered offensive or likely to reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of Ballantine’s or any of our affiliate brands shall be ignored or blocked and your Entry shall be disqualified. All Comment(s) must comply with our User Content Policy (see Appendix where all key aspects are reiterated). By entering the Promotion, the entrant accepts full responsibility for any Comment(s) published from their own Instagram account for the Promotion. We reserve the right to reject any entry which does not comply with these Terms and Conditions and/or our User Content Policy.
- Entries which are in breach of any of the above requirements will be disqualified and removed by the Administrator.
- Incomplete, illegal, undelivered, stolen, misdirected or late entries or entries not of decent standard or in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or the Content User Policy will not be accepted.
- The Administrator shall be the sole judge of which entries are valid entries and the result of the Prize Selection is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Administrator reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual deemed to be ineligible, found to be attempting to circumvent the Promotion by tampering with the operation of the Promotion, setting up multiple accounts, using multiple identities, or acting in a manner deemed by the Administrator to be in violation of the terms and conditions and where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against such fraudulent or invalid entries including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of an entrant and their entry.
- The Administrator accepts no responsibility for failure or delay to receive an entry where such failure is due to circumstances outside the Administrator’s control.
Selecting the winner(s)
- The potential winner of the Prize shall be selected via the Prize Selection within the Selection Timeframe.
- The Notification will be sent by the Administrator by the Notification Date (estimated).
- The Administrator will make reasonable efforts to contact the potential winner. The Administrator is not responsible for unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential winner.
- In order to be awarded the Prize, the potential winner must respond to the Notification within seven (7) business days of initial notification and shall fulfill all requirements detailed in the Notification within this timeframe. Requirements which may be detailed within the message may include, inter alia, confirmation/proof of the potential winner’s identification and age, as well as details of the address the Prize shall be sent to. If requested, the potential winner may be required to sign documentation unless prohibited by law in their jurisdiction of residence within seven (7) business days of initial notification.
- For the avoidance of doubt, initial notification shall be taken to mean the day on which the Notification is sent by the Administrator to the potential winner. The Notification shall be sent no later than the foregoing Notification Date.
- If the potential winner fails to respond to, or fails to fulfill the requirements detailed by the Administrator in the Notification within the timeframe, or they reject the Prize, the potential winner will be disqualified, the Prize forfeited and an alternative potential winner selected in the same manner as the original. If any prospective potential winner is found to be ineligible for any reason or non-compliant with these Terms and Conditions, it will result in disqualification and the Prize will be awarded to an alternative potential winner under the same terms as above.
- Participants are encouraged to check their email/voicemail regularly during the period between the Closing Date and the Notification Date to ensure that they do not miss Notification from the Administrator.
- Once the potential winner has fulfilled all requirements detailed in the Notification, delivery of the Prize shall be organized, and the winner will be publicly announced by J.P. Wiser.
- The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be awarded the Prize.
- The winner(s) is responsible for assessing its tax implications and paying any tax due or owing on the Prize(s) received.
- A cash alternative is not available for the Prize.
- The Prize(s) is not assignable or transferable. No transfers or substitutions are permitted except that the Sponsor reserves the rights to substitute a prize(s) of equal or greater value due to unavailability or otherwise in its sole and absolute discretion.
- By entering the Promotion, you accept the Sponsor and/or Administrator may require you to participate in related publicity, including the use of your name and your country of residence on the J.P. Wiser website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts and in any promotional material connected to this Promotion and for the winner’s personal Instagram profile to be tagged on these social media platforms. If you do not wish to participate in such publicity, please advise the Administrator when accepting your Prize.
- By entering the Promotion, each entrant irrevocably grants to the Sponsor, the Administrator and their affiliates, assignees, agents and licensees, the unconditional, worldwide and perpetual right and permission to (as appropriate), reproduce, alter, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse in whole or in part (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, for a period of three (3) years without further consideration or notice to the entrant, their Submission, as well as any additional photographic images or other materials relating to you arising out of your participation in the Promotion (with or without using your name) on its digital platforms (including the J.P. Wiser website and all social networks used including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest blogs and online advertising, banners and emails) always in connection with the advertising and marketing of the Promotion. You also warrant that any “moral rights” in your Submission shave been irrevocably waived in favor of the Sponsor.
- The Sponsor, Administrator and their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors, to the fullest extent permitted by law, assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect damage, loss, or any injury suffered by any entrant participating in the Promotion or as a result of accepting any Prize(s), or the use or disclosure of an entrant’s Submission or Information. Nothing shall exclude the Administrator’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- In the event of exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any stage but will always endeavor to minimize the effect to entrants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Administrator’s decisions regarding winner selection is final and binding in all respects. To ensure fairness and integrity of the Promotion to all entrants, the Administrator will not enter into discussion regarding the running of this Promotion via public pages on Instagram, but may respond to questions via private message on Instagram.
- The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual issues which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by the laws of the participating country but any dispute as to the meaning of these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States federal courts in the state of Kentucky.
User Content Policy
The User Content Policy does not permit any Submission which:
- features someone who is or appears to be under the legal drinking age or is made by someone under the legal drinking age;
- features any people, shown in pictures or videos which are associated with the act of drinking alcohol, who are not, or who do not look, over 25 years old (NB. those aged between the legal drinking age in your country of residence and 24 year olds may be shown provided it is not within a context which associates them with drinking (i.e. there is no suggestion that they have just consumed, are consuming or are about to consume alcohol);
- encourages underage purchase or drinking of alcoholic beverages;
- encourages illegal, irresponsible or immoderate drinking;
- encourages the drinking of alcohol during pregnancy
- promotes over-consumption;
- condemns or criticizes in any way anyone who chooses not to drink alcohol;
- portrays irresponsible drinking in a positive light or associates drinking with driving, operating any kind of machinery or engaging in any kind of dangerous activity;
- implies alcoholic beverages have any physical, psychological or intellectual benefits;
- implies alcoholic beverages gives bravado, confidence or helps to overcome individual or social problems;
- implies alcoholic beverages consumption contributes to any kind of success (for instance in the field of personal relationships, social success, popularity, work, sports or suggest that it can enhance mental or physical performance);
- glorifies the alcohol strength, relatively high alcohol content or intoxicating effect of a drink;
- mentions drinking alcohol in relation to any kind of illegal, antisocial, dangerous, aggressive or violent behavior;
- features any third party logos or other material without consent or persons who have not consented.
Entries cannot be:
- Violent, negative or/and discriminative of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or obscene;
- Promote or be about the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Be offensive or be about hate;
- Defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Contain trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical “samples”) without permission
- Contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than Participant, without permission;
- Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate
- Depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
- Any inappropriate or offensive material may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
By entering a Submission or Comment:
- The entrant confirms that any photograph uploaded is of the entrant themselves and does not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party. Any entry found to be copied, or a photograph of another person, will be disqualified; The entrant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to the use of the uploaded photograph by the Administrator or Sponsor where the moral rights in respect of the content are the entrant’s to assert, and procures that any moral rights of any third party will similarly not be asserted;
- The entrant further warrants that the materials submitted are his/her original works and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and the entrant has full authority to grant these rights;
- The photograph does not disclose any personal or confidential information belonging to the entrant or anyone else;
- The photograph is not false, a misrepresentation, obscene, offensive, discriminatory or libelous; and
- The entrant grants the Administrator and Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable, transferrable, royalty free basis license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of or display the photograph. For clarity the entrant retains all ownership rights in the photograph.
- The entrant takes full responsibility for, and confirms that any Comment published from their Instagram account has been written by the entrant themselves and does not infringe the User Content policy by being, inter alia, offensive, discriminatory or obscene in anyway.
Enjoy J.P. Wiser responsibly: www.wise-drinking.com